Friday 1 June 2012

Guest Blogger


I was invited to be the Guest Blogger at Christmas Pie Crafts I feel humbled, as the previous Guest Bloggers have been of such a high standard, thank you so much for the opportunity Jill.

The post was about Badger Boo's Daft Adventures with the bike and his "Walky Dog" 

The following  video is not of Badger Boo, as I can't video him and ride a bike without falling off lol



Here are a few wise words from Badger Boo ref the safe use of the "Walky Dog"

*flexes paws*

As unaccustomed as I am to writing on mummies blog I thinks I had better mention that my fitness been built up slowly to run long distances next to the bike.

Although it is fantastic exercise, if any other hoomans want to do it with their dogs, they must start off with short distances for several months, and do it only when their dog is fully mature, otherwise their bones could get damaged. 

Depending on the breed of dog, maturity can be anything from 18 months to 3 years old, if in doubt you should ask your vet at what age it is safe to start. 

Check out the video above how the "Walky Dog" works as it's the one thing I've not been videoed doing The only difference is, I am on the left hand side of the bike so mummy is between me and the traffic and I bark all the time cos I's soooo very excited BOL

Thank you for those wise words Badger Boo, to read the complete post and check out his pictures pop along to Christmas Pie Crafts there are lots of interesting posts to browse through.


2 comments:

  1. Love the Walky Dog - must find out if there is a Walky Two Dogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see why you couldn't do it with 2 dogs, but I would get them used to it one at a time, in case one of them hates it

    The safest way to do it I should think, would be to use a brace lead so they are on the same side, if you had one each side then getting on and off or pushing the bike could be very difficult.

    There are several springs inside the Walky dog which you either add or remove depending much strain you need it to take, the springs are what stop you getting jerked about if the dog goes in a different direction, and helps to keep you safe.

    I've not explained it very well but they come with full instructions..

    D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, it's always lovely to hear from you xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.