Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Gallery 120 ~ Books

The theme for The Gallery this week is Books.

Another hard one for me, I read many books, I love books, my taste is very broad from Dean Koontz,  Brian Jacques to Biographies.  

How can I use books as a theme?

I went looking through the bookcase and came across my childhood version of 101 Dalmatians.

 I had an idea **relieved sigh** I would hate to miss a week.


This book, Black Beauty and Nancy Drew where the books of my childhood.  

Sadly I don't have an old copy of  Black Beauty or any of the Nancy Drew books, but I'm always on the look out for them in charity shops.


I think what I loved the most about these books, was that "Good" always won in the end. 

I fell in love with the little Cocker Spaniel in Chapter 9:- Hot Buttered Toast, and I now have my own  Cocker Spaniel called Badger Boo.


Why not pop over to Sticky Fingers and check out other peoples entries in this weeks Gallery.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Dawn. Brings together a love of books and your love of dogs x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley, I do love to read books about animals, have you read Endel yet? It is brilliant!

      xxx

      Delete
    2. Endel was a very well known Canine Partner assistant dog from Petersfield, he was voted the Dog of the Millennium and was the inspiration of his partner to start the charity Hounds for Heroes.

      It's written by Allen Parton and his wife, telling the story of how Endel got through to Allen after a life changing injury and how he saved the man and the family, it is a brilliant read but you will need a box of tissues, I have heard it is going to be made into a film too.

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love books and am a great detective story reader and also really enjoy biographies. Reading was encouraged when I was growing up and my family still enjoy a 'good book' - much better than television really. I know some people who never read and I feel they are missing out on so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiantly agree I would hate not reading books, it is the best form of escapism for a couple of hours..

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Reading is daily here. I'm looking at a stack of six just waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my first memories of leafing through a book was a very old copy of Black Beauty that had the most amazing pictures secreted everyso often throught he book.

    Great post

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, it's always lovely to hear from you xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.