Didn't know what to make for my first project as I'm not very good at reading the patterns yet, so I wanted to do something easy.
Found a pattern for some simple gloves, had enough wool, but oh I didn't have the right needles.
Surely using 6mm needles instead of 5mm wont make that much difference, will it?
Worked out the tension, but didn't really understand it, and I got started.
A few hours later I was sewing up my right glove to finish it, feeling very proud of myself, and then I tried it on.
Only to find it would have fitted Goliath, it was massive!
So I shot off to the knitting shop, and got myself the right sized needles and started again, although I was feeling a little deflated at this point.
But I wasn't going to let it beat me!
My next effort as much more successful, and I ended out with a pair of gloves that fitted, whoop whoop...
There was a slight mistake on the right glove at wrist level, when I got my knit and purl muddled up, but I didn't notice for some time, so decided to leave the mistake as it makes my gloves unique.
Feel very proud of myself for sticking with it and succeeding in completing them, as I still struggle with my stiff arthritic hands. Hopefully as time passes knitting will become good physio for them
|My first wearable item of clothing|