Saturday 4 February 2012

Fox Poop (yuck) ~ I have found the solution!


Fox Poop is thoroughly disgusting, but the sad fact of life is that most of our canine friends find that smell totally intoxicating!!! 

That awful smell just lingers on and on. No matter what you bathe your dog in, there is always the faintest whiff just waiting to catch you unawares!

In our house it has become an almost everyday occurrence with Badger Boo! As you can imagine it is a nightmare to live with (the smell not the dog). I've tried everything, even resorted to washing him with tomato ketchup.

But the smell was there all the time, just lingering on. I was starting to get to the point where he had to be kept on the lead in certain areas to avoid spoiling an otherwise wonderful walk with the hassle of a bath when we got home.

As you can imagine I didn't want to spoil his fun, as I'm a firm believer that "A Dirty Dog is a Happy Dog" but it wasn't good for him to have daily baths or for me for that matter!

I have now found the solution...

It wasn't actually me personally, it was the "Eco Dog Company" they sell a wonderful product called "Fox Poo Shampoo"

To say I was skeptical when I first heard about "Fox Poo Shampoo" is an understatement. Nothing can shift that smell, can it? 

I was at the point where I would try anything, so I checked it out
and read the blurb. Sounded ok, all natural which is good for Badger Boo, as he has had skin problems with shampoo's in the past. So I placed my order, and 2 days later I came home from work to find a parcel on my doorstep.

"Fox Poo Shampoo" from "Eco Dog Company"


I then had to wait a day or two, I'm sure the little tinker knew something was afoot. But as with all things the inevitable happened... Yep you guessed it, he rolled!!!

We had the usual dance, which is Badger Boo comes upstairs quite happily, then realises it's "Bath Time" and off downstairs he shoots... I learnt a long time ago there is no point calling him, so back downstairs I go and put the lead on him, and up we go again. Then into the bath he goes, once in there he is pretty good.

At least it's nice and warm mummy..


I had already read the instructions prior to this moment in time, so set about getting Badger Boo nice and wet.Somewhere between reading the instructions and knowing I needed a lot of his old shampoo, I got confused and I liberally applied the "Fox Poo Shampoo" from head to tail, and started to massage it in. Amazed at how many bubbles there were, and realised I had applied a bit too much *oops*. Worked it in, making sure I gave his neck and ears extra attention, as that is where he always gets it worse, and kept giving him a sniff. Amazingly within seconds of starting to massage the smell was gone, but I kept going out of habit and Badger Boo loves a good ear rub.


Check out those bubbles in the bath!!!

I rinsed him off and we were ready to go for the most entertaining bit of Badger Boo's bath time, getting him dry. This involves laying some towels in the garden, and letting him do his own thing for 3 or 4 mins as he always has a funny 5 mins after his bath, then I use a towel and then blow dry him.


Badger Boo was going so potty after his bath I couldn't get a decent shot, so these ones in the garden were taken last Summer, but you will see what I mean lol...


Gotta get my neck dry...


Mummy, you got water in my ears!!!!

Gotta bunch the towel up for the best drying action...

Va Va Voom BOL

All done now where's my chewy???

I can honestly say this is the best Shampoo I have come across. It does exactly what it says on the bottle and being all natural is a massive plus for me. The price is very reasonable too, if you don't overdo it like I did lol. It smells great and I'm sure Badger Boo is pleased it doesn't smell flowery. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the smell, but on his walk today Badger Boo didn't feel the need to hunt out and roll in something smelly, which is something he loves to do after a bath, as I'm sure he hates the smell of normal Dog Shampoo's..
.
Time will tell on that score...

So pop over to "Eco Dog Company" http://www.ecodogcompany.com/fox-poo-kit.html and check them out, so glad I did.


Eco Dog Company


One of the best decisions I've ever made!!!




5 comments:

  1. As long as she doesn't try it me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has a lovely comment on one of my posts from "Eco Dog Company" abouts this post, I's trying to add it here, but won't copy and paste for some reason, maybe cos I's got wet paws from being in the snow :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Badger Boo, please thank your mum ever so much for her entertaining yet informative blog on the Fox Poo Shampoo. You do seem to be a bit of a monkey and so the blog did raise a few chuckles when reading it. Certainly 'Badger Bathtime' draws many parallels with 'Mollie Bathtime' and we also smiled at the acrobatic photos of you drying yourself. In a funny old way we have to thank you for rolling in the fox poo so that your mum could test this product - but don't get too pleased with yourself because it really is a horrible habit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you lovely comment, it's always nice to get feedback... I say it like it is, and you have a wonderful product. There are also some other great products on your website, so you will be hearing from us again xxx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, it's always lovely to hear from you xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.