Sunday 6 May 2012

End of One, Start of Another

Today I finished the small bag I've been knitting, not sure of it's use yet, but I saw it in a magazine, and wanted to try out the bows on the front, I'm very pleased with the result.

It's slightly smaller than I thought it would be, but I'm sure I'll find a use for it, you can never have too many bags!

I then went to Hobbycraft in Woking to get myself some new wool
for my next project. I'm actually going to try knit myself a jumper at last. I think I've had enough practice at learning to understand how to read a pattern now.


Hobbycraft is my most favorite shop, I can never just go in there and get what I want, I always spend hours in there and usually a fortune too! It has so much to look at, but I have now learnt to only visit the areas I require, that way if I buy anything extra like I did today, it relates to the project I'm doing at the time, and not one I may start in the future.

Two of the four balls of wool I got BARGAIN
Today I got four 400grams ball of Aran wool in a tweed, I only needed two and a half for my jumper, but the price was so good and I loved the colour, I will definitely find a use for the extra. I also got some cable needles and stitch markers, don't need them yet but got them if I do on another project.


4 comments:

  1. Love the red bag!
    I would be a bit daunted by all that lovely Aran wool in case I mess it up - good luck :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley.

    The great thing about knitting is, if I mess it up I can just unpick it and start again... No wastage ever lol

    D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Dawn, when you got to Hobbycraft did you just buy wool? It's a bit of a treasure house for me - go in for one thing and come out with bags full. Your bag is lovely - I am pretty useless at knitting, can do the straight lines, etc but patterns just confuse me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got me Jill, I didn't just buy the wool, I got a new cross stitch of a dragon, and a new frame for a limited edition print of "The Howl"...

      I did have some self control but not much lol

      D xxx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, it's always lovely to hear from you xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.