Friday 20 April 2012

The Bermuda Triangle

Went for my Medical yesterday, and pleased to say the Doctor was really very nice and considerate of my situation, unlike the woman I saw previously!

But Winnersh Triangle is more like the Bermuda Triangle! Himself and I got off the train, to be confronted by loads of steps to get out of the station, luckily we were early, so I was able to take my time hobbling down them.

Checked the map we were given and set off into a huge industrial estate, after about approx 10 minutes we still hadn't found the place we were going too, even though we were standing on the spot indicated on the map (we are both competent map readers by the way). So started to look around for somebody to ask.

Long story short, after taking the scenic route we did get to the Medical Center eventually on
time. But not because of the directions we had been given by the person who arranged the appointment, but because a kind local pointed us in the right direction!

We were starting to wonder if actually getting there was part of the medical, as we had to go over a massive bridge to cross the road, again so many steps!

Took me ages to climb up, I needed a rest by the time we got to the top, halfway down the other side my legs went to jelly through sheer effort and pain, so had to stop for a while, as I was terrified one of my knees would give way and I would fall down the stairs!

Amazingly I was sent for the medical because I'm severely restricted in my mobility, that I get sent to such a Disabled unfriendly place!!!

I was asked so many questions, most of which I didn't understand, but when I get stressed my mind goes to marshmallow. Luckily Himself was on hand to help me out. 


credit

The Doctor put me at my ease and explained the process to me, the first person that has been able to tell me anything useful!

She is now going to write her report and send it to my Boss and he makes the decision as to the action that will be taken on her recommendations.

We then had to make our way back to the station over that massive bridge again, and because of the time it took me to climb up the steps and hobble down the other side, we missed our train so had a rather long wait in the rain for the next one.

Luckily we were prepared and had worn our waterproofs, but still very annoying that there was no shelter on the platform!

As of yet I still have no idea what the end result will be on the job front, but now I know exactly how and why things have and are being done, which is a massive weight off my shoulders.

Now all I have to do is wait...



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bl**dy ordeal, just to get there! Well done, Dawn.

    What is the time frame for the report and the decision?

    This time last year, I felt as though I would never be whole again, but we women are strong in adversity.

    BW,
    Lesley x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully a week to 10 days for the report.

    I'm sure getting there was part of the assessment lol

    D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, it's always lovely to hear from you xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.